The ancient Mahabhairav Temple is located at a hillock on the northern part of Tezpur town, Assam. This temple is believed to have been established by king Bana in the pre-historical times. This Shiva temple was originally built of stone but the present one was renovated and built with concrete. During the Ahom rule, the kings especially of the Tungkhungiya dynasty donated large area of Devottar land to the Temple and pujaris and Paiks were appointed to look after the temple.
Da Parbatia is a 6th-century architectural site of a stone-built Hindu temple. On the ruins of this structure, a brick Siva temple had been built during the Ahom period, which collapsed in the 1897 Assam earthquake, revealing the door frame of the older structure. This site is protected under the auspices of the Archaeological Survey of India.
The door frame stands in front of a large block of stone with a square cavity that held the original lingam. The two jambs have Ganga and Yamuna, two female deities, holding garlands in their hands.